KBW community bank conference
If you are not yet tired of banks, there is a conference on Tuesday and Wednesday organized by Keefe, Bruyette and Woods. You just have to subscribe here to watch it
So many banks so little time, so in those cases it is better to prioritize and be prepared beforehand. Here is the list of the banks I will listen and why, and if there is a bank that you think I should add please say so:
- NewBridge Bancorp NBBC: one of my favorites and might be the first time they present. The timing is perfect after the good results and the acquisition of Bradford Mortgage.
- Sun Bancorp SNBC: another bank in my mind, and the timing after Wilbur Ross’ involvement could not be better
- First Defiance Financial FDEF: very interesting bank, should we add?
I might be interested
- First Place Financial FPFC: announced an equity raise so it is time to know more about the conditions and the endgame
- MetroCorp Banchares MCBI Large percentage of C&D loans in Texas and California and was under review by the FDIC. However, the recent results were good and the Houston economy is growing
- First California Financial Group FCAL I want to see how they are performing after the dilution. Capital ratios are very good and NPAs are trending well
- Heritage Commerce HTBK: they are doing a capital raise and want to know more about the conditions. I do not like their large percentage of C&D but I do not know much about the Silicon Valley economy today.
- United Community Banks UCBI: a bank that was never in my price range so I never did the in depth analysis. Now it is.
- Eastern Virginia Bankshares EVBS: was crashed yesterday, might be interesting
Just for the fun of it
- Union First Market Bankshares UBSH: Markel bought a large position
- CoBiz Financial COBZ: part of Second Curve’s port for quite a while so it is time to understand the business model
- Heritage Financial Corporation HFWA: looks like a good bank in Washington, and several from that region are popping up in screens
- Popular BPOP: keeping track of recent developments in Puerto Rico
- Seacoast Banking Corporation of Florida SBCF: … and Florida
- Mutualfirst Financial MFSF : … and mortgages
- German American Bancorp GABC price not there, but clearly outperforming. How are they doing it?
- WSFS Financial Corporation WSFS : how they grew their market cap at that rate over the last 10 years?
- Banner Corporation BANR: they survived?
Long SNBC, NBBC, FDEF